Royal Gossip
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royals and Tourism Attraction - Busting the Myth

+5
Anniecross
Admin- Michelle
PaulineB
CrystalEve
Rozel
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Royals and Tourism Attraction  -  Busting the Myth - Page 2 Empty Re: Royals and Tourism Attraction - Busting the Myth

Post by Admin- Michelle Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:58 am

Again .................I loved the Pics of Wasty in Mustique followed by the dolls story ( life like )
Admin- Michelle
Admin- Michelle
Admin

https://realroyalgossip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Royals and Tourism Attraction  -  Busting the Myth - Page 2 Empty Re: Royals and Tourism Attraction - Busting the Myth

Post by PaulineB Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:37 am

Taking about being a tourism attraction I wonder what waxwork they would put of Waity in Madam Tussaud's.
The one that instantly springs to mind is of her mega crotch flash whilst descending the plane in NZ. It would so epitomise who she is!

PaulineB
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin- Michelle Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:42 am

Funny, went there not long ago and I do not remember seeing it. Maybe it was before the Wedding............but I do not think so
Admin- Michelle
Admin- Michelle
Admin

https://realroyalgossip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozel Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 am

Another example of what a myth it is that the "royals bring in loads of money from tourism".

http://republic.org.uk/what-we-want/monarchy-myth-buster/its-good-tourism
Rozel
Rozel
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulineB Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am

More money would probably be brought in if there wasn't the risk of a crotch flash and a gurn at events. I went to Windsor Castle yesterday and the Queen was in residence as indicated by flag flying high. None of the tourists expected to see her and it certainly didn't effect the crowds of people going through the gate.

PaulineB
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Hmmmm, HM not normally down from Balmoral yet, wonder why she has returned. Intriguing. Love Windsor, and never been there to see the royals, just love it, very beautiful. Would rather not spoil my memories of it by seeing one of that lot.
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozel Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:04 pm

I have never believed that myth that the royals attract tourists. The Palace of Versailles attracts thousands upon thousands of tourists and they have no royal family. People want to visit the history, the glimpse of a bygone ear and all that went with it. The royals are not needed for that.
Rozel
Rozel
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozel Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Well, this blows all that claptrap out of the water that the royals are responsible for much of the UK tourism.

Not one royal building on the list.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/the-10-most-popular-tourist-attractions-in-the-uk--lJ087HXbAe
Rozel
Rozel
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozel Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:31 pm

More debunking & disproving of the fairy stories. This article gives the world's *Top Ten* most visited Castles & Palaces. There is only one British one - Tower of London - managing to scrape in there, low down. Beaten by TWO in the REPUBLIC of FRANCE. If we want to expand tourism, the way forward is clear

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/30/travel/most-visited-castles-palaces/index.html
Rozel
Rozel
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2