RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 pm

The RGF appears to be in its death throes. What has happened to this once fantastic forum that most of us were proud to be members of?

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by GingerBeau46 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Not sure, certainly not the place it used to be, a lot of good members no longer appear to be posting, such a shame.
avatar
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Posts : 301
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Royal Lowness on Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 pm

The troublemakers on RG are easily spotted from their methods:

"This section also contained a number of hints for de-railing conversations that went too far away from what we were attempting. These strategies included various forms of personal attacks, complaining to the forum moderators, smearing the characters of our opponents, using images and icons effectively, and even dragging the tone of the conversation down with sexual innuendo, links to pornography, or other such things."

See: http://consciouslifenews.com/paid-internet-shill-shadowy-groups-manipulate-internet-opinion-debate/#

They can be dealt with if the mods there just ignore their whinging and recognize them by what they are trying to do.

 Cool 

_________________

The House of Hewitt starts with King Henry IX (or should we start with King James VII ?). Either way, the "Windsor" imposter monsters should be booted into prison.
avatar
Royal Lowness
Lady

Posts : 83
Join date : 2013-09-01
Location : Glamis Castle

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Admin- Michelle on Thu May 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Let me say as a fellow Aussie, rosella's a fooking annoying pests and very low market birds

I love the bullying and when you gossip, you must supply source of information
who said it , who,what,where and NOW biatch, doncha know RG demands names
avatar
Admin- Michelle
Admin

Posts : 701
Join date : 2013-08-24

http://realroyalgossip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by GingerBeau46 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Royal Lowness wrote:The troublemakers on RG are easily spotted from their methods:

"This section also contained a number of hints for de-railing conversations that went too far away from what we were attempting. These strategies included various forms of personal attacks, complaining to the forum moderators, smearing the characters of our opponents, using images and icons effectively, and even dragging the tone of the conversation down with sexual innuendo, links to pornography, or other such things."

See: http://consciouslifenews.com/paid-internet-shill-shadowy-groups-manipulate-internet-opinion-debate/#

They can be dealt with if the mods there just ignore their whinging and recognize them by what they are trying to do.

 Cool 

How right you are. It was a lovely forum, a nice place to be. As you say, easily spotted from their methods, which are very obvious.
avatar
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Posts : 301
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Royal Lowness on Thu May 22, 2014 11:05 pm

GingerBeau46 wrote:
How right you are.  It was a lovely forum, a nice place to be. As you say, easily spotted from their methods, which are very obvious.

Thank you, GB.

But even if the mods there don't see through them (or, perhaps, don't want to see through them), the truth cannot be suppressed for long before it bubbles up somewhere else ... like here!

 Very Happy 

_________________

The House of Hewitt starts with King Henry IX (or should we start with King James VII ?). Either way, the "Windsor" imposter monsters should be booted into prison.
avatar
Royal Lowness
Lady

Posts : 83
Join date : 2013-09-01
Location : Glamis Castle

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Romilly on Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 pm

The astroturfers/troublemaker are indeed very obvious.  They seem to work in shifts as a team and often use the same name.   They seem to stay up all night and day between them and immediately pounce with a counter answer or lies.   Regular intelligent debaters see what is happening and defect to other forums.

Romilly
Princess

Posts : 862
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Iamroyalty on Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Except some who are too stubborm to allow themselves to be silenced even though they know it could lead to them being banned.

Iamroyalty
Princess

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-03-04
Location : My Own Personal Middleton-free Planet

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Indie on Fri May 23, 2014 3:31 am

The banning of Dasher really ticked me off.

Indie
Duchess

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 6:02 am

Indie wrote:The banning of Dasher really ticked me off.

Dasher was banned too? and yet the more obnoxious members of the coven are allowed free rein to insult everyone who disagrees with them?

I cannot understand why the mods are sitting there doing nothing to clean that forum up and get rid of what is plainly obvious to anyone with a brain cell. Unless they have ulterior motives? Even RFM has called the forum a joke.

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 am

Royal Lowness wrote:The troublemakers on RG are easily spotted from their methods:

"This section also contained a number of hints for de-railing conversations that went too far away from what we were attempting. These strategies included various forms of personal attacks, complaining to the forum moderators, smearing the characters of our opponents, using images and icons effectively, and even dragging the tone of the conversation down with sexual innuendo, links to pornography, or other such things."

See: http://consciouslifenews.com/paid-internet-shill-shadowy-groups-manipulate-internet-opinion-debate/#

They can be dealt with if the mods there just ignore their whinging and recognize them by what they are trying to do.

 Cool 

Thanks for posting. It's not hard to see that these tactics are being used on RGF. Pity the mods (one in particular) are ignoring such obvious tactics

When I acted as mod on another forum I could spot these types a mile off and they were banned immediately, no questions asked. No trolls will get through on this forum either  Very Happy 

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Romilly on Fri May 23, 2014 9:22 am

It is good to be back amongst a group of genuine intelligent debaters who respect others views without the need to retaliate with obvious untruths to support their own (paid for?) thoughts. Unfortunately for them their MO was extremely obvious but is killing what was once an excellent forum for discussion and news.

Romilly
Princess

Posts : 862
Join date : 2014-03-03
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Iamroyalty on Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 am

Tess wrote:
Indie wrote:The banning of Dasher really ticked me off.

Dasher was banned too?  and yet the more obnoxious members of the coven are allowed free rein to insult everyone who disagrees with them?

I cannot understand why the mods are sitting there doing nothing to clean that forum up and get rid of what is plainly obvious to anyone with a brain cell. Unless they have ulterior motives? Even RFM has called the forum a joke.

Probably because they are bought and paid for by the midds.

The Astroturfing spat yesterday has gone quiet but if ever I am banned I will tell the mods - Don't worry I'm leaving anyway as I don't want to be part of a forum where people like Dasher are banned for going off topic (ha ha) and, as you say Tess, "more obnoxious members of the coven are allowed free rein to insult everyone who disagrees with them" which shows that the mods are either biased or incompetent.

IMO Dasher was banned becasue her posts seem well researched/argued and she is more than a match for the coven - too much of a threat methinks

Iamroyalty
Princess

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-03-04
Location : My Own Personal Middleton-free Planet

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by GingerBeau46 on Fri May 23, 2014 2:45 pm

Romilly wrote:The astroturfers/troublemaker are indeed very obvious.  They seem to work in shifts as a team and often use the same name.   They seem to stay up all night and day between them and immediately pounce with a counter answer or lies.   Regular intelligent debaters see what is happening and defect to other forums.

Also obvious to see when there has been a shift change  Laughing 
avatar
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Posts : 301
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Iamroyalty on Fri May 23, 2014 5:26 pm

Astroturfing thread removed without warning this afternoon from RG and RD's down again - that makes it twice in 2 days - coincidence or something more sinister going on??

Iamroyalty
Princess

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-03-04
Location : My Own Personal Middleton-free Planet

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 6:44 pm

GingerBeau46 wrote:
Romilly wrote:The astroturfers/troublemaker are indeed very obvious.  They seem to work in shifts as a team and often use the same name.   They seem to stay up all night and day between them and immediately pounce with a counter answer or lies.   Regular intelligent debaters see what is happening and defect to other forums.


Also obvious to see when there has been a shift change  Laughing 

One 'poster' *snort* in particular is obviously sharing shifts (possibly to supplement her income at the Weetabix factory) as it's obvious by literacy and grammar that it is two different posters  Laughing 

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Thank you for article posted

Post by Duquesa de Azúcar on Fri May 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Romilly wrote:It is good to be back amongst a group of genuine intelligent debaters who respect others views without the need to retaliate with obvious untruths to support their own (paid for?) thoughts.   Unfortunately for them their MO was extremely obvious but is killing what was once an excellent forum for discussion and news.

I agree with you Romilly. IMO...The RG forum was great. Once.
Unfortunately, there are new people that are in charge whom allow their friends or those that they like to say whatever they want. And worse, if one replies to with links of articles to back up what one is saying then the new moderators push the "red button" of Banned.


Btw...I finally read the meaning of "astroturfer". Lol

_________________
Grand Duchess María Teresa
avatar
Duquesa de Azúcar
Baroness

Posts : 285
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Duquesa de Azúcar wrote:
Romilly wrote:It is good to be back amongst a group of genuine intelligent debaters who respect others views without the need to retaliate with obvious untruths to support their own (paid for?) thoughts.   Unfortunately for them their MO was extremely obvious but is killing what was once an excellent forum for discussion and news.

I agree with you Romilly. IMO...The RG forum was great. Once.
Unfortunately, there are new people that are in charge whom allow their friends or those that they like to say whatever they want. And worse, if one replies to with links of articles to back up what one is saying then the new moderators push the "red button" of Banned.


Btw...I finally read the meaning of "astroturfer". Lol

Welcome Duquesa de Azucar  Like a Star @ heaven 

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Duquesa de Azúcar on Fri May 23, 2014 7:07 pm

Thank you Tess.  flower  I am very grateful for the welcome!

I was told earlier today by Romilly about the new forum and decided to join right away.

Thank you once again! 


_________________
Grand Duchess María Teresa
avatar
Duquesa de Azúcar
Baroness

Posts : 285
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Duquesa de Azúcar wrote:Thank you Tess.  flower  I am very grateful for the welcome!

I was told earlier today by Romilly about the new forum and decided to join right away.

Thank you once again! 

Glad that you decided to join us. Happy posting  Like a Star @ heaven 




Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Duquesa de Azúcar wrote:Thank you Tess.  flower  I am very grateful for the welcome!

I was told earlier today by Romilly about the new forum and decided to join right away.

Thank you once again! 


OMG...just read my emails...my Spanish is not so good or would have recognised who you were straight away!!! WELCOME DoS  cheers cheers 

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Duquesa de Azúcar on Fri May 23, 2014 8:35 pm

LOL Tess you know who I am but I don't know who you are.
Are you the same one  ( I won't say your name) that owned horses and told us ghost stories  affraid  days before the Eve of Christmas?

Otherwise, I have no idea.... . study I'm trying to figure out who you are/were in the other forums.
avatar
Duquesa de Azúcar
Baroness

Posts : 285
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Duquesa de Azúcar wrote:LOL Tess you know who I am but I don't know who you are.
Are you the same one  ( I won't say your name) that owned horses and told us ghost stories  affraid  days before the Eve of Christmas?

Otherwise, I have no idea.... . study I'm trying to figure out who you are/were in the other forums.

Lol DoS, tis me!!! I once sussed you out in a new forum. You've now returned the favour xx

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Duquesa de Azúcar on Fri May 23, 2014 8:59 pm

'Tis you then!OMG
Indeed you did "sussed me out" that time. In fact I learnt that phrase from you that day.

It's so wonderful to see you here and congratulations on your forum!

_________________
Grand Duchess María Teresa
avatar
Duquesa de Azúcar
Baroness

Posts : 285
Join date : 2014-05-23

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Tess on Fri May 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Duquesa de Azúcar wrote:'Tis you then!OMG
Indeed you did "sussed me out" that time. In fact I learnt that phrase from you that day.

It's so wonderful to see you here and congratulations on your forum!

Bless you..it's not my forum..it's for all of us who are jaded with RGF...However, the admin is not GGG  lol! 

Tess
Admin

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: RGF...Death throes or full of astroturfers... or both

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum