Royal Gossip
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT - no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker

+2
PaulineB
Snow Kitten
6 posters

Go down

BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT -  no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker Empty BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT - no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker

Post by Snow Kitten Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:34 pm

I think it amazing that the media have told the world that granny waity was a code-breaker when she was only a listening clerk.

My grand father was born in 1924 and he was 14 when war broke out. She would have been 18 or so towards the end of the war. It is also the case that all the papers connected to them were destroyed and no-one can say exactly what level they worked at but it must have been fairly humble otherwise we'd have more evidence.

The Glassborow girls were temporary volunteers seconded from the Foreign Office. Let's not forget you only got such jobs if you were from the middle class. Any working class women at Bletchley were there on merit because they were talented. Their father was a provincial well-to-do bank manager but from humble origins.

There is a comment from the head of security services who said during the war and after all their secretaries and clerical women were from the upper classes because they were pro establishment. Same way Peter Middleton became a pilot his family would have paid for his commission.

My grandfather said there were only two ways into the RAF for ordinary men during the war - either you paid a commission as a pilot officer or you became a tail gunner for no fee and the slaughter rate for that was horrendous.

Therefore, granny waity was merely one of the thousands of the civilian clerks who logged the signals from the Y (wireless) stations around the country!! She was certainly not code-breaking with Alan Turing! You can read VG's record on Find a Veteran on the BP web site. I suppose, prior to BP, granny waity was a WAAF at Bentley Priory during The Battle of Britain.

Why are the media putting out these lies. No way was granny waity a code-breaker, at least not on Planet Earth.

Probably the midds feeding the media, no doubt trying to make waity look good after all her flashgates/Marilyn moments. Even Marilyn had decorum, something waity is sadly lacking. Then the astroturfers were put on red alert, as is the usual midd MO.

Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT -  no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker Empty Re: BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT - no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker

Post by PaulineB Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Thank you for the excellent post and information Snow
Kitten. The Midds are only making themselves look even more foolish and desperate to put out this nonsense. I can't believe the RF will have condoned it, it is pure mid PR which actually has a negative affect. Two of my great and elderly friends were code breakers, one still alive and were always extremely loyal and discrete even to this day.

PaulineB
Princess

Back to top Go down

BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT -  no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker Empty Re: BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT - no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker

Post by Spitfire Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:39 pm

IMO, this work of fiction from the Middletons dishonours the memory of the genuine female code-breakers who were seconded to Bletchley Park for their mathematical and language skills. Along with the other 9,000 personnel at BP, Valerie Glassborow contributed in some way to BP's work, but she did not break any of the codes. But I suppose we should not be surprised with this kind of manipulation and economical with actualite from the Middletons - after all, smoke, mirrors and all types of conjuring tricks are the hallmarks of this unsavoury mob.

Spitfire
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:53 am

Admin/mods. Hope you don´t mind, I am going to copy across comments made yesterday on the waity engagements thread, just so that we can keep all the Bletchley Park stuff together. Will do them singly to avoid confusion.

by Rozel Yesterday at 2:26 pm
Strange we never heard anything about the alleged respectable family members until now when her image is below sewage level. The paps make themselves look so stupid. Impossible to remove the tainted image, and as for the slit skirt, what do we expect. If she can´t flash her crotch/butt then she will flash the legs. Compulsive behaviour. If she was a man all she would need is a dirty beige raincoat. That is what dirty old men did years ago, whip open the mac, give a flash and then run. Waity getting to be very similar these days.

Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am

by juliet Yesterday at 2:34 pm

Along with the slit on the skirt..pictures of the blue ring being flashed and the hair all over the place......no change at all...
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 am

by Rozel Yesterday at 2:55 pm
The DM article re Bletchley. Some great comments. Thought waity looked a complete mess in this outfit. Obviously the clothing budget has been well and truly cut. Says a large crowd turnout. Hmmm, most of the were Bletchley workers, and the lack of interest on their faces was very telling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2661196/A-right-royal-salute-The-Duchess-Cambridge-pays-tribute-codebreaker-grandmother-reopens-Bletchley-Park.html

Couple of photos caught my eye. No idea who is responsible for her clothes, but they need to use a clothes brush more often.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/18/article-2661196-1EE1998400000578-666_470x987.jpg

This one, truly awful in every way. Plus, I think she has had the skirt taken in, badly, and the whole thing puckers up. I thought she looked scruffy and as if she could not give a fig this morning. Probably still retaliating at (a) being made to do a few appearances and (b) not flaunting the sprog to give her pr on the balcony post Trooping the Colour.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/18/article-2661196-1EE27F4B00000578-227_964x915.jpg

Same scruffy suede shoes, fluffy bits on hand bag and skirt. I also notice the DM are back to heavily photoshopping her face again see her below at the polo "au naturel" - well, as much as waity can be.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/15/article-2658394-1ECA69CD00000578-687_964x1170.jpg

Also found out that waity and the kid were only a the polo match for a very short time, more of a pop-in. Confirms out thoughts on retaliation for the kid not being on the BP balcony after Trooping the Colour as well.
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:55 am

by Rozel Yesterday at 3:33 pm
Been doing a bit of trawling. Seems granny on the Bletchley Roll of Honour with her sister and they were both TA (reservists) but no real evidence to show that she was a code breaker. Also an elderly lady who recalls that she was there, but doing what who knows. Could have been making the tea for all we know. Good old DM, pick up a bit of info and embellish it beyond belief. Why do they think this makes waity look good. The woman was no aristocrat and whatever she did at Bletchley for the war effort, whether it be tea making or code breaking, there were thousands upon thousands doing their bit for the war effort, all doing an excellent job, and putting themselves on the front line. Waity´s granny no better than any of them, all equal and fighting to help their country. How about praising some of the real unsung heroes.

DM also quoted
The Duchess' paternal grandmother Valerie Glassborow was one of the 9,000 people who worked at Bletchley Park

Good old DM make it sound like granny waity did the code breaking single-handed. No wonder I only read online, no longer wast my money buying that paper, such a waste of money.

Also read that that her papers were lost after the war never to be found again and now they have recently found some. Maybe that is what gave DM the idea to trot out their usual fawning drivel
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 am

by Rozel Yesterday at 3:56 pm
At 10.42 this morning. Expected to stay until about 2 p.m. Three hours, can waity manage it?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZzoUUIAAE-EWm.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZzoUUIAAE-EWm.jpg

Bit thin on the ground with people

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqZ12VBCQAAdb2y.jpg

Love this from The Mirror

12.06 pm..
Kate is now meeting some of the code breakers who worked in Bletchley Park during WWII.
She is about to meet Lady Body, who worked with her grandmother.

The Duchess of Cambridge is expected to stick around until 2pm.

Also from The Mirror
Kate will chat to Lady Marion Body who recalls working with Valerie and her twin sister, Mary, and remembers being at work with the sisters when they heard that the war in Europe had ended.

Valerie, who died in 2006 aged 82, was a civilian member of staff at Bletchley and worked in Hut 16.

Documents dated October 1944 show that she was probably a "Duty Officer".

The hut she worked in has been restored, and is now named Hut 6, as part of an £8 million Heritage Lottery Fund restoration project which Kate's visit is celebrating.

The Duchess will today be shown around Hut 6, meet veterans and sit down and chat with Lady Body about her grandmother.

The daughter of a banker, Valerie Glassborow married Peter Middleton after the war ended in 1946 and they had four children including Kate's dad Michael.

Strange how this Lady Marion Body went on to do well and get rewarded, yet this is the first the dooms seem to have known that Valerie Glassborow "was a code breaker". Hard to believe anything about that family any more.
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:56 am

by Snow Kitten Yesterday at 4:11 pm
Interesting Rozel. I have been doing a google search also. Amazing tool, I would be very lost without google.

Granny waity (Valerie Glassborow) and her twin sister Mary, were both temporary Foreign Office Assistants. Here's the link and if you click on to the work done by their section they were involved in diplomatic and commercial messages. However as their records were destroyed after the war there is no real confirmation of their roles.

http://rollofhonour.bletchleypark.org.uk/search/?surname=glassborow&rank=&keyword=&gender=f&location=

Taken from the content in link above:

Formerly Hut 6, renumbered in February 1943 after section decrypting German Army and Air Enigma signals moved to Block D.

and

Cover Management Y. Controlled Y service interception of enemy diplomatic and commercial wireless networks. Known as CTR until summer 1944.

The press are saying granny waity worked for GCHQ when (although its origins were at Bletchley) it wasn't GCHQ until after she left.

Don´t you just love the way the paps rewrite history. Such a shame it makes them look such fools, time and time again.

Therefore, granny waity and her twin were temporory Foreign Office assistants and in the section they worked were involved in diplomatic and commercial messages.

Jeepers, the media have excelled themselves in looking stoopid today.
Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by Snow Kitten Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:57 am

Snow Kitten
Snow Kitten
Duchess

Back to top Go down

Post by GingerBeau46 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Veeery interesting reading.  I rather suspected it was all lies to make waity look good.  Talk about shut the stable door after the horse has bolted  -  that horse is long gone, must be in Scotland by now!!  Had granny been an important code breaker in the war we would have heard about it long ago, would have been ancient history by now.

Interesting also granny was only about 16 when war started, and only worked for a couple of months at Bletchley before the war ended.  The media are making it sound as though granny was the only one at Bletchley who could break the codes and won the war for the UK.  In their dreams.

I also am wondering how granny managed to avoid being conscripted into one of the Armed Forces, especially as they were listed as Reservists and should been sent automatically into one of the womens' branches of The Army. How did they get into the FO?  Via Masonic friends of their father, perhaps?  Do I smell a rat along with the rotting tripe of the code-breaker story?

Going back to the media, we all know journalists and news rooms research their material.  All this info you ladies have found is readily available on the internet if you care to take the time look for it  as you have done.  I do not believe for one minute thet they believe the drivel printed re granny yesterday is the truth, they KNOW it isn´t the truth.

Definitely ma midd trying to claw some good pr back for waity, on the back of a granny now no longer with us and who was never a code breaker. That is low  -  lies to try and save waity´s a$$.  Smacks of desperation doesn´t it, things must be going badly wrong.  The royals must be cringing at all these lies being trotted out.  All this story has done is make the midds look fools  -  again.  Caught out in more lies.  How many more of their departed family are they going to dredge up to cover for waity?  Very sad indeed to behave like this, they are shameless.
GingerBeau46
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Yes, shameless indeed. The twins were not even listening to the air traffic of the German Armed Forces as they dealing with commercial and diplomatic chit-chat. And how did they avoid being drafted as they were both Reservists and should have been sent into one of the Armed Forces and not recruited by the FO, unless they were linguists? Another Middleton family anomaly...

Spitfire
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by GingerBeau46 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Copied over from the waity engagements thread

by Anne-Elliot Today at 8:37 pm

I note that the paternal side of the family is always promoted & not Char Ma's side. Clearly not proud of the working class relatives!
GingerBeau46
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Back to top Go down

Post by GingerBeau46 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Spitfire wrote:Yes, shameless indeed.  The twins were not even listening to the air traffic of the German Armed Forces as they dealing with commercial and diplomatic chit-chat.  And how did they avoid being drafted as they were both Reservists and should have been sent into one of the Armed Forces and not recruited by the FO, unless they were linguists?  Another Middleton family anomaly...  

There would appear to be a lot of middleton family anomalies spitfire *cough cough*.
GingerBeau46
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Back to top Go down

Post by GingerBeau46 Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Love this Sarah Whalen blog, all about Bletchley Park and how granny waity only started work there in 1944, and although was on Mary, Lady Bond team, was not a code breaker. Dear me, the skeletons they are dragging up to make waity look good, is there no end to this drivel. Can´t believe it is royally approved by HM or the courtiers.

Excerpt from the article

....There were many British women working at Bletchley, and several were indeed top codebreakers.

But Kate Middleton’s hero relatives Valerie and Mary, Lady Body were not one of these exceptional women.

But what the hey! It’s all good PR, and Kate needs good PR.......

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/top-stories/item/690065-dress-code-for-kate-middleton-s-post-hiney-rehab
GingerBeau46
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Well done to Sarah for pointing out this over-promotion of Granny Middleton. Now what were the Goldsmiths getting up to Southall during WW2? What's the betting that a Goldsmith relative will be found who parachuted into France with the SOE and found alongside the French Resistance? Rolling Eyes 

Spitfire
Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by GingerBeau46 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:43 pm

They never seem to dig up the goldsmith skeletons to make waity look good do they. Obviously the middletons were a little more "upmarket" and can be trotted out and lied about now and again.  Laughing 
GingerBeau46
GingerBeau46
Baroness

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:50 pm

GB46: It's those rattling Goldsmith skeletons in the closet that they're trying hard to ignore! Their version of Pte Walker, perhaps? Wink 

Spitfire
Lady

Back to top Go down

BLETCHLEY PARK VISIT -  no, waity´s granny was not a code breaker Empty Bletchley Park. No waity Granny was not a codebreaker

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:42 am

Well, the BBC can,t say they haven't been told. They were phoned last night
and given chapter and verse on why it is definitely not true,

It really is appalling broadcasting that this was accepted apparently without
checking the facts and broadcast again and again, as well as all the newspaper
coverage that has been garnered by this non-story.

Why does the media simply lie down and roll over for every bit of false PR put out
by this family and/or BP.

cov

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozel Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Great news Mosaic. Doubt they will correct it, but might drop it like a hot potato. I don´t think many "bought it" thought, all just a bit too convenient. And if you look at the real info available on the internet, the BBC and other media outlets should be ashamed of themselves, would have taken an expert research very minimal time to come up with the truth. Does make you wonder if they are just puppets to the royal family and will push out anything they are told to, whether the truth or not. I wonder if they realise just how incompetent they have made themselves look.
Rozel
Rozel
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin- Michelle Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Is this a Ma PR stunt ? or BP PR stunt ?
If Ma, they are worried and desperate again
If RF, is there no getting rid of Comando Katey
Admin- Michelle
Admin- Michelle
Admin

https://realroyalgossip.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down